Employment Service Coordinator – Disabilities (Hilo)
Full Life is seeking an Employment Specialists to join our dynamic team at a flourishing non-profit organization on Hawaii Island. Part-time with potential for Full-time. The employment specialist will train and supervise staff and support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the following activities:
1) on-going job coaching services to include on-the-job work skills training and systematic instruction required to perform the job;
2) person-centered employment planning;
3) job development, carving, or customization;
4) negotiations with prospective employers;
5) assistance for self-employment including identifying potential business opportunities and developing a business plan;
6) worksite visits as needed by the individual or employer to assess for new needs and to proactively support the participant to address issues that arise;
7) ongoing evaluation of the individual’s job performance;
8) individualized problem-solving/advising with the participant about issues that could affect maintaining employment;
9) training in skills to communicate disability-related work support and accommodation needs;
10) assessing the need for basic job aids, facilitating referral through the participant’s DOH-DDD case manager for assistive technology assessment and acquisition of assistive technology from Division of Vocational Rehabilitation;
11) facilitating referral through the DOH-DDD case manager to a Discovery & Career Planning provider for financial literacy, money management and budgeting;
12) providing information and training (benefits counseling)
13) training in arranging and using transportation, such as fixed route public transportation or paratransit services to get to and from the participant’s place of employment;
14) career advancement services.
EDUCATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS: Certification in rehabilitation counseling OR a Bachelor’s Degree in any field and two (1) year of experience assisting job seekers with intellectual and developmental disabilities in acquiring competitive integrated employment. Two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred.
EMPLOYMENT CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicable background checks; HI State criminal check, TB clearance, CAN clearance, cpr & first aid, verification of education, driver’s license and insurance cards.
Part-Time benefits include mileage reimbursement
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line EMPLOYMENT SERVICE COORDINATOR.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER