Program Coordinator -Developmental Disabilities (Kona and West Hawaii)
Full Life is seeking one Full Time Program Coordinator/Service Supervisor responsible for supervision of Direct Support Workers who work one-on-one with individuals with developmental disabilities in their homes, communities and workplaces. The Program Coordinator ensures that service delivery meets standards of quality and all internal and external regulations.
Primary responsibilities are:
1. Assuring that Direct Support Workers have the skills and tools to provide personal assistance that helps each individual we support reach their goals and achieve their dreams.
2. Writing individual plans per Full Life policy, entering monthly supervision visit notes into a data base.
3. Creating data collection templates based on the individual plan.
4. Attending and participating in annual goal setting meetings for each person on your case load.
5. Reviewing time sheets, data collection and associated costs requests from Direct Support Workers twice a month to assure compliance with state regulations and Full Life policy.
6. Understanding and adhering to state regulations, high quality standards and Full Life policies.
7. Maintaining and building relationships with clients, Direct Support Workers, families and community stakeholders. 8. Supervision of staff, scheduling, hiring, coordinating schedules
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Must have knowledge about developmental disabilities and/or be willing and able to gain that knowledge through experience, training and research.
2. Must have excellent computer knowledge and ability, and knowledge of MS Word and Outlook.
3. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, including grammar and spelling proficiency.
4. Must have strong organizational and teamwork skills.
5. Must be able to give and receive information, prepare written materials, and create and carry out action plans.
6. Must be able to multi-task effectively
7. Must be able to meet deadlines under pressure
8. Must be able to represent Full Life in a professional manner
Other Requirements of this position:
1. Current Two Step TB clearance.
2. Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
3. Current Driver’s License with valid automobile insurance and reliable personal transportation (mileage reimbursement).
4. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school in a related field or a BA in a non-related field with at least one year of related DD experience.
Upon hire you will be required to pass a background check required by State Contract
Days/Hours of Work: This position is essentially a Monday through Friday daytime position 40 hours a week. However, to effectively supervise the Direct Service Workers some hours after 5:00 and weekend hours will be necessary in order to do on-site visits when the DSW is working. This position also requires being On-call for after hours/weekend emergencies.
Communication Demands: This position requires oral and written communication with supervisor, employees, co-workers, families, participants, and government agencies. Must have the ability to accept and give constructive criticism. Must keep communication open and clear between all parties (supervisor, participant, family, government agency, DSW).
Please email a cover letter and resume to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line PROGRAM COORDINATOR KONA.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER